Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsData Science
On this page you find:
- The opportunity of the Science Traineeship
- What does the Science Traineeship look like?
- What do we offer
- What do we ask
- Personal experiences
- Important deadlines
- About MIcompany
The opportunity of the Science Traineeship
Our Science Traineeship is meant for ambitious and high-potential master’s students who want to do things differently. In collaboration with the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), you are offered the opportunity to write your master thesis in the medical field. The goal is to employ the power of data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to better understand complex diseases, like asthma and COPD, and advance medical science. Simultaneously, you get to work on transformative AI projects at MIcompany.
After graduation, you will turn your research into a scientific publication. This way, your hard thesis work is transformed into concrete societal impact.
Within the single program, you pursue 3 personal and career milestones:
The Science Traineeship is part of the collaboration between the UMCG and MIcompany. Since the start five years ago, we have already worked on 10 different research streams. The number of people involved – from both the MIcompany and UMCG side – has increased from 5 to 15. Will you be the next to join this unique team?
What does the Science Traineeship look like?
- The Science Traineeship is a full-time program for 12-18 months, dependent on the requirements for your Master thesis.
- During this period you work on your thesis research for 3 days a week. On the other 2 days, you get the to work on one of MIcompany’s AI Business projects in a regular project team.
- In the first half of the traineeship, your research is focused on your thesis and successful graduation. After graduation, you will turn your research into a scientific publication. This way, your hard thesis work is transformed into concrete societal impact.
- As Science Trainee, you are part of the Advanced Analytics team within MIcompany. Being part of this team, you join all team meetings, outings and experience what working as a Data Scientist at MIcompany entails.
- At MIcompany you are part of a dynamic working environment, literally and figuratively. For your research, you can work at the MIcompany office surrounded by many like-minded and ambitious colleagues. For your business project you get to travel to the client’s office or with your team at our office. Of course, working from home is also possible. On Fridays, most MIcompany colleagues are at the Amsterdam office to catch up, have team meetings and kick-off the weekend with Friday afternoon drinks.
What do we offer?
- A unique opportunity to graduate, while employing your analytical skills to make a societal contribution.
- Flexibility in the duration of the program, dependent on the number of ECTS and requirements for your Master thesis.
- Intensive personal guidance from a MIcompany coach and supervisor, and UMCG biological experts and researchers.
- The opportunity to contribute to AI solutions or scalable skill-building within companies, while doing impactful academic research.
- Chance to explore working at MIcompany as a Trainee in the Advanced Analytics team.
- An above-average thesis salary, plenty holiday days and possibility for a performance based bonus.
- A laptop and all other necessities for your work.
- Regular team building events and weekly Friday afternoon drinks at our rooftop bar.
- After successful completion of the program you are immediately offered a full-time position at MIcompany as either Data Scientist or AI Engineer, without having to apply.
What do we ask?
- Currently pursuing a master's degree in Econometrics, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, or another quantitative field. A medical background is not required.
- Top-class academic performance, honour program and other extracurricular activities are a strong pre.
- Highly ambitious and impact-driven. Curious, pragmatic and persuasive.
- Strong focus on personal development, eager to learn and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent command of analytical programming language (like Python, R) and fluent in English. Experience with bioinformatics software is not expected.
- Full-time availability for a program for 12-18 months, dependent on the requirements for your Master thesis.
- Someone ready to kick-start their career, while having a lot of fun!
MIcompany is an AI company with offices in Tel Aviv and Amsterdam. From these offices, we drive AI transformations by building AI solutions and skills. Our team of over 100 data scientists, AI engineers & software engineers serves industry-leading companies such as eBay, Booking.com, Heineken, KPN, Lease Plan, Aegon and Shufersal. In more than 25 countries.
Find out more about MIcompany here: https://micompany.nl/what-we-do/.